Monday, June 21, 2010

Hey Vicki: Maybe I’m cracking up?


We've taken our Yoga and Pilates practice out of the Studio and into our gorgeous, spacious yard. If you've never practiced Yoga outside, you are in for a special treat!I've also started teaching Yoga Classes at Lakeshore Yacht and Country Club for the summer on Mondays at 9:30AM for members and guests. If you are not a member and would like to take a class at Lakeshore, contact me. So relaxing, practicing Yoga under a huge tree by beautiful Lake Oneida!”

This is a genuine excerpt from an email I received yesterday. Luckily the NOPL board meeting was scheduled for the same night as my yoga practice (finally, a board meeting that is good for something) so I missed the “special treat yoga” that probably included multiple insect bites and embarrassing views of myself in someone’s rear view mirror.
Maybe I can take a morning class sometime just to see if that “huge tree” has any hidden critters. (I will keep an onion close by) or possibly get hit by a wayward golf ball.

And Kate: Who knew that yoga could be as much fun as signing up for really simple something feeds and “losing” them in cyberspace? Lucky for me that Natalie was working at North Syracuse today. She patiently showed me how to subscribe to a “feed reader” and Voila! the missing RSS’s from Saturday’s lame attempt suddenly appeared in the vicinity of my gmail. While trying to subscribe to a Tim McGraw feed (He and Faith are on the rocks and he actually follows my blog), I accidentally subscribed to the entire People Magazine site. It took me a while to pare it down to a manageable level and the patrons who were waiting in line at the reference desk (the ones who say, “YOU’RE NOT GEOFF!”) had no idea.

Sorry to be skipping ahead in the list but I need to mention that I was one of the original members of Facebook, before librarians even knew what it was. I impersonated a college student and used a doctored photo of myself from Woodstock to gain admittance to the former “Harvard only” social networking site. I received interesting “friend requests” from other middle aged impersonators who tried to branch off into their own site called “face-lift book” It never caught on with the Ivy League snobs but was one of the real reasons they started to let everyone in.
So technology coordinator people (and you know who you are) you will have to get up pretty early to put one (or 23) things over on me.

5 comments:

  1. Why am I not surprised you were one of the original FBer's?? Always on the cutting edge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I goofed up my earlier comment. Why didn't you upload your doctored photo of yourself from Woodstock here? "Face-lift book" is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Millie, you are cracking me up !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann K. I am sending you a small consolation prize in the delivery for making the excellent suggestion about my face-lift book photo.
    Thanks for playing and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete